|Open and shipping orders daily!
Stuck at Home!
with our wide selection of
Update January 16, 2021
Van Sciver Bobbin Lace
|Bucks Point Lace Workbook
This book is an organized syllabus covering the basics techniques of Bucks Point. The patterns are arranged so that when worked progressively the lessons carry you through all the fundamentals of Bucks Point through the basics of florals. Each pattern has a place to mount the finished lace and note taking. In stock!
Anne-Marie Verbeke Billiet
Anne-Marie Verbeke Billiet has reworked this old pattern. It includes a working diagram and pricking and large photo of the lace. In stock.
Coming in 2021.
An Introduction to Idrija Narrow Tape Techniques
This DVD includes 3 patterns; Shasta Daisy with stem and leaves, and a Sea Turtle and a section on “Tips and Tricks”. Some of the techniques covered are 5-pair cloth-stitch narrow tape, double-stitch tape, the triple join, the 4-way join, a rainbow start, starting and finishing on a tape, and much more!
Antique Bone Inscribed SOLD
Something rare and special. Each bobbin has an inscription that reads top to bottom spiraling around the shank of the bobbin. The top bobbin has each word differentiated by black and red letters.
The bottom bobbin starts with 3 pictured hearts and then the inscription. Note the misspelling of the word "meet" and use of the word "fayre" which typically means beautiful.
IRIS Superfine Pins
34 x .50/small head, 500 count
- For our December book and DVD Update, go to the Books page for all the latest including Bucks Point Lace Workbook, Dansend Paar (Dancing Couple), Estonia, Bobbin Lace Patterns, Flowers, Pochettes en Cluny Polychrome de Brioude, Halfstitch in Idrija Narrow Tape Lace, Pizzo di Cantů 1 and 2, Tier in Tüll, Using Modern Grounds.
- Check out our PRIVATE SALES page for one of a kind items including bobbins, pillows, books, and lace.
- Looking for a gift for your favorite lacemakers. Check out our Pin Gauges and Insert Rulers.
- New! Stainless steel pins in size 26 x .58 by Accountrements!
- Now available, Picot Pins in three sizes; #17, #20 and #24!
- Use these Insert Rulers to display your finished lace in something you can use! Easy to mount, easy to swap out and fun to use!
- Super Fine Pins, Super Fine Heads! Check out the details on these pins in sizes 26 x .40, 32 x .40 and 38 x .40!
- New! Fil au Chinois Egyptian Cotton in 7 sizes.
- Check out our Lace Pillow Stand.
- We invite Beginners to bobbin lacemaking to Build Your Own Kit! Beginners, we are now the exclusive distributors US & other NTSC countries of all 18 of the fabulous Springett Videos and DVD's, simply the best videos on the market and easiest way to learn bobbin lace on your own.
- Confused about pins? Read the short article on "How to Select a Pin" on the Pins page!
- Confused about thread colors? Shade cards are coming to life. View what's available so far on the Threads page by following the links. Please send us your feedback. We are responding as fast as possible to suggestions so please call (607-277-0498) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) your comments! Since search engines are not always reliable, please pass on our URL to other lacemakers who might be helped by our pages....thanks!
I invite you to peruse these pages containing my broad inventory of quality bobbin lacemaking supplies by clicking on one of the areas above. With the help of the computer, I am able to update my catalogue frequently giving you the most accurate reflection of available items and their prices. However, due to fluctuations in foreign currency, prices may change without notice. If you have any questions about the items listed on these pages, please feel free to call me at (607) 277-0498. Note that my stock is expanding and changing daily, so if you don't see something you want please call or e-mail me at email@example.com. I am also available for vending at Lace Days so call or e-mail me about any event your group is planning.
If you are looking for an experienced teacher please keep me in mind! Note that I have vast experience teaching throughout North America and can give you numerous references. I teach courses at all levels in Torchon, Bedfordshire, Honiton, Bucks Point, Russian and more! I am happy to tailor workshops to suit your group's needs. Click this link to see a schedule of my 2020 Workshops & Lace Days.
Over the years, I have found that the best way to select supplies involves careful consideration of the lacemaker's needs and interests, so give me the opportunity to use my 44 years of lacemaking & teaching experience combined with my knowledge of world-wide lacemaking resources to help you with your choices. When placing an order I recommend telephoning me at (607) 277-0498. However, if you are sure of your choices, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order. I will confirm your order by email including a total for your order. Payment can be made by check or money order made payable to Van Sciver Bobbin Lace. Orders are shipped the same day they are received. When ordering by email, I recommend that you print out the order form, complete it in full and then prepare an email including all pertinent information. If you order by email, be sure to check your email in the event that I have questions and to confirm your order. Additionally, an informative and illustrated printed catalogue is available by emailing me your address or calling me at:Holly Van Sciver
email@example.com Phone: (607) 277-0498
Most shipments within the USA are sent using two day priority mail service. Orders for supplies will be filled immediately and will include a free catalogue update. Please include an additional 8% ($7.50 minimum under 1 lb., $10.50 minimum over 1 lb.-$12.00 maximum) of the total order to cover postage and packaging. Orders including pillows, stands or s&h over the $12.00 will be shipped at cost. New York State residents must add sales tax applicable to your locality (generally 7% - 8 1/2%). Returns require preapproval.
Shipments outside the USA are sent by USPS at cost. Please submit your order and I will quote your shipping options by USPS Express, Priority or International First Class by return email.