Come join the fun!
February 2, 2019
Lost Art Lacers Lace Day
Harmoney Lodge, Newton, NJ
Contact: Lee Daly
Purveyor of the Finest Quality Lacemaking
Supplies and Instruction for over 39 years
Continental Bobbins | English and Antique Bobbins |
| Pillows | Pattern Materials | Patterns | Tools | Kits | Pins |
Bobbin Winders | | Insert Jewelry and Boxes | Jewelry |
Designs Aids | Lamps and Magnifiers |Tatting |
Miscellaneous | Workshop and Teaching Schedule |
|Order Form |
Click on this link to print your own Catalogue
Catalogue Update November 28, 2018
|Bobbin Lace Patterns
Christmas and Winter
Mika Toyoda has come out with a new folio featuring patterns with a Christmas and Winter theme in multiple techniques.
Patterns include Fir Tree, Snowflakes, Santa's Sleigh, Noel, Camellia in Winter, Christmas Ornaments, Silent Night, Snow Globe, Japanese New Year, Silent Night (straight), Mistletoe, Christmas Bell, Deer in the Snow
|Geklöppelter Schmuck aus Metallfäden
Bobbin-Made Jewellery from Metal Threads
This exciting new book has more then 20 patterns for bobbin lace jewellery made of wire. Patterns include bracelets, necklaces, brooches, pendants and earrings. All in color on very high quality paper this book is in English and German. The diagrams are superb and the ideas original. Really nice!
We have acquired over 500 stunning East Midland and Honiton bobbins from a discriminating collector in bone and wood, including leopards, pewter butterfly and banded, inscribed love sayings and names and much, much more.
Call TODAY for pictures!
Check out our new designs in our pewter and gold insert frames.
View all 11 scarf/shawl patterns designed by Annick Staes.
Use the new FRESIA 15/3 Silk Yarn
with the Long Neck Bobbins especial designed to carry a lot of thread.
Wire Loop Pin Lifter
Pin Lifting is easy with this wire loop tool.
Wire Lace Bobbin
This bobbin has an open brass hook. There is a notch in the head so the wire can travel straight up through the head to the hook without kinking. Choose from Binche, Belgian Standard and Dutch bobbin styles.
- For our January book and DVD Update, go to the Books page for all the latest including Bobbin Lace Patterns Christmas and Winter, Skline van Brugge in Flanders, Brugs Begijnhof (Brugge Nunnery) in Flanders, Special Brugge 2018 Basic and Expert, Asymétrie" la nouveauté, Dis-moi Oui!, Chocolat Liégeois", A l'ombre des campanule, 3 Fleur Bouquet Patterns, Tournesoleil, Bobijntye! 7, Bolero and Jacke Alexa, Sidmouth's Lace, de l`Air et des Fleurs, Mouchoirs & Pochettes 1870/1950, Bobbin-Made Jewellery from Metal Threads
- Looking for a gift for your favorite lacemakers. Check out our Pin Gauges, Rulers and Coasters.
- New! Stainless steel pins in size 26 x .58 by Accountrements!
- Now available, Picot Pins in three sizes; #17, #20 and #24!
- Use these Insert Rulers to display your finished lace in something you can use! Easy to mount, easy to swap out and fun to use!
- Fine Brildor Metallic Thread in 6 colors. Plus our brand new "Bright Gimp" for use with #3 and #4 passing thread1
- Super Fine Pins, Super Fine Heads! Check out the details on these pins in sizes 26 x .40, 32 x .40 and 38 x .40!
- New! Fil au Chinois Egyptian Cotton in 7 sizes.
- The Lace Pillow Stand is back in stock and better then ever!
- Carrickmacross Scissors now in stock!
- We invite Beginners to bobbin lacemaking to Build Your Own Kit! Beginners, we are now the exclusive distributors US & other NTSC countries of all 18 of the fabulous Springett Videos and DVD's, simply the best videos on the market and easiest way to learn bobbin lace on your own.
- Need catalogues for your next Lace Day or Meeting? Give me a call with the quantity and I'll ship them to you at no charge!
- Confused about pins? Read the short article on "How to Select a Pin" on the Pins page!
- Confused about thread colors? Shade cards are coming to life. View what's available so far on the Threads page by following the links. Please send us your feedback. We are responding as fast as possible to suggestions so please call (607-277-0498) or e-mail (email@example.com) your comments! Since search engines are not always reliable, please pass on our URL to other lacemakers who might be helped by our pages....thanks!
I invite you to peruse these pages containing my broad inventory of quality bobbin lacemaking supplies by clicking on one of the areas above. With the help of the computer, I am able to update my catalogue frequently giving you the most accurate reflection of available items and their prices. However, due to fluctuations in foreign currency, prices may change without notice. If you have any questions about the items listed on these pages, please feel free to call me at (607) 277-0498. Note that my stock is expanding and changing daily, so if you don't see something you want please call or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am also available for vending at Lace Days so call or e-mail me about any event your group is planning.
If you are looking for an experienced teacher please keep me in mind! Note that I have vast experience teaching throughout North America and can give you numerous references. I teach courses at all levels in Torchon, Bedfordshire, Honiton, Bucks Point, Russian and more! I am happy to tailor workshops to suit your group's needs. Click this link to see a schedule of my 2017 Workshops & Lace Days.
Over the years, I have found that the best way to select supplies involves careful consideration of the lacemaker's needs and interests, so give me the opportunity to use my 44 years of lacemaking & teaching experience combined with my knowledge of world-wide lacemaking resources to help you with your choices. When placing an order I recommend telephoning me at (607) 277-0498. However, if you are sure of your choices, please email me directly at email@example.com with your order. I will confirm your order by email including a total for your order. Payment can be made by check or money order made payable to Van Sciver Bobbin Lace. Orders are shipped the same day they are received. When ordering by email, I recommend that you print out the order form, complete it in full and then prepare an email including all pertinent information. If you order by email, be sure to check your email in the event that I have questions and to confirm your order. Additionally, an informative and illustrated printed catalogue is available by emailing me your address or calling me at:Holly Van Sciver
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (607) 277-0498
Most shipments within the USA are sent using two day priority mail service. Orders for supplies will be filled immediately and will include a free catalogue update. Please include an additional 8% ($7.50 minimum under 1 lb., $10.50 minimum over 1 lb.-$12.00 maximum) of the total order to cover postage and packaging. Orders including pillows, stands or s&h over the $12.00 will be shipped at cost. New York State residents must add sales tax applicable to your locality (generally 7% - 8 1/2%). Returns require preapproval.
Shipments outside the USA are sent by USPS at cost. Please submit your order and I will quote your shipping options by USPS Express, Priority or International First Class by return email.