Another successful Lace Day is behind us. Please put October 10th - 13th on your calendar for next year!
Designed by Holly Van Sciver inspired by the Lester Giraffe Lappet
Made by Janice Blair
Van Sciver Bobbin Lace
Supplies and Instruction for over 39 years
Continental Bobbins | English and Antique Bobbins |
| Pillows | Pattern Materials | Patterns | Tools | Kits | Pins |
Bobbin Winders | | Insert Jewelry and Boxes | Jewelry |
Designs Aids | Lamps and Magnifiers |Tatting |
Miscellaneous | Workshop and Teaching Schedule |
| Order Form |
|The Beauty of the Orient
A Lace Journey
One of the most beautiful books we have ever seen about lace, this 144 page book in full color is about Asian motifs executed in lace by Yvone Scheele-Kerkhof. Through beautiful photographs she shows the meaning and symbolism of the motifs. This book is a feast for the eyes for all devotees of fine textiles and those who love beautiful things.
Now in Stock!
|All About Making
Floral Bucks Point Lace
IN STOCK, This 252 page book explains the differences between making Geometrical and Floral Bucks Point Lace and then guides the lacemaker through a carefully selected progression of patterns ranging from edgings through to a jabot and a doll’s christening set.
Divided into six sections: Standard Floral Bucks, Kat stitch, Regency Bucks, Very Fine Bucks and Black Holey and includes the tricks of the trade and how to draft patterns. The last part contains useful advice on bobbins and threads.
A History Written in Thread
Students and historians of Idrija lace will love this stunning high quality large format book. Told by 12 different authors in English, this 260 page book tells the story of the lace, history, education, lacemakers and lace trading of Slovenia. Really, really nice.
Check out our new bobbin holders. Made in the USA these beautiful marquetry bobbin holders are broader allowing for easier organization and stacking of bobbin groups.
Display your lace in these handy card inserts available in two sizes. These work well when slipped into the 2 1/2" Bookmark Sleeve.
1" x 5 3/4" -- $5.50
1 3/4" x 5 3/8" -- $6.50
- Click on this link to print your own Calalogue -- Catalogue Update April 22, 2014.
- Attention International Customers: Take advantage of the USPS new international flat rate boxes and envelopes starting at $23.95.
- For our April book and DVD Update, go to the Books page for all the latest including The Beauty of the Orient: A Lace Journey, All About Making Floral Bucks Point Lace, Idrija Lace: A History Written in Thread, Sister Judith: A Life in and With Withof
- Patterns by Brigitta Gornik
- Use these Insert Rulers to display your finished lace in something you can use! Easy to mount, easy to swap out and fun to use!
- Super Fine Pins, Super Fine Heads! Check out the details on these pins in sizes 26 x .40, 32 x .40 and 38 x .40!
- New! Fil au Chinois Egyptian Cotton in 7 sizes.
- Take a look at our new Insert Rulers.
- Now stocking Lizbeth Cordonnet 40 and 80 in all 77 colors.
- The Lace Pillow Stand is back in stock and better then ever!
- Now stocking Piper's colored floss in 10 different color ways!
- Carrickmacross Scissors now in stock!
- Take a look at our new line of linen and cotton handkerchiefs, bonnets and wedding ring pillows.
- We've added new colors to our Gold Rush collection.
- Books and patterns by Martine Bruggeman.
- Wear these beautiful new silver pendants or put them on a bobbin!
- Check out our new #3 and #4 Gold Passing Threads.
- Back in stock by popular demand, Eeva-Liisa Kortelaht's books and patterns.
- We are now stocking Egyptian Cotton and Silk Organzine, Gernadine and Silk Floss from Bart and Francis.
- Sized right and priced right, click on this link to see our new roller pillow.
- We have a new International Square/Model 2 bobbin in two sizes!
- We invite Beginners to bobbin lacemaking to Build Your Own Kit! Beginners, we are now the exclusive distributors US & other NTSC countries of all 18 of the fabulous Springett Videos and DVD's, simply the best videos on the market and easiest way to learn bobbin lace on your own.
- Take a look at our new line of our gold and silver pendants and brooches.
- We are now stocking ethafoam cookie pillows in 5 sizes.
- Need catalogues for your next Lace Day or Meeting? Give me a call with the quantity and I'll ship them to you at no charge!
- Confused about pins? Read the short article on "How to Select a Pin" on the Pins page!
- Confused about thread colors? Shade cards are coming to life. View what's available so far on the Threads page by following the links. Please send us your feedback. We are responding as fast as possible to suggestions so please call (607-277-0498) or e-mail (email@example.com) your comments! Since search engines are not always reliable, please pass on our URL to other lacemakers who might be helped by our pages....thanks!
I invite you to peruse these pages containing my broad inventory of quality bobbin lacemaking supplies by clicking on one of the areas above. With the help of the computer, I am able to update my catalogue frequently giving you the most accurate reflection of available items and their prices. However, due to fluctuations in foreign currency, prices may change without notice. If you have any questions about the items listed on these pages, please feel free to call me at (607) 277-0498. Note that my stock is expanding and changing daily, so if you don't see something you want please call or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am also available for vending at Lace Days so call or e-mail me about any event your group is planning.
If you are looking for an experienced teacher please keep me in mind! Note that I have vast experience teaching throughout North America and can give you numerous references. I teach courses at all levels in Torchon, Bedfordshire, Honiton, Bucks Point, Russian and more! I am happy to tailor workshops to suit your group's needs. Click this link to see a schedule of my 2013 Workshops & Lace Days.
Over the years, I have found that the best way to select supplies involves careful consideration of the lacemaker's needs and interests, so give me the opportunity to use my 35 years of lacemaking & teaching experience combined with my knowledge of world-wide lacemaking resources to help you with your choices. When placing an order I recommend telephoning me at (607) 277-0498. However, if you are sure of your choices, please email me directly at email@example.com with your order. I will confirm your order by email including a total for your order. Payment can be made by check or money order made payable to Van Sciver Bobbin Lace. Orders are shipped the same day they are received. When ordering by email, I recommend that you print out the order form, complete it in full and then prepare an email including all pertinent information. If you order by email, be sure to check your email in the event that I have questions and to confirm your order. Additionally, an informative and illustrated printed catalogue is available by emailing me your address or calling me at:Holly Van Sciver
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (607) 277-0498
Most shipments within the USA are sent using two day priority mail service. Orders for supplies will be filled immediately and will include a free catalogue update. Please include an additional 8% ($6.95 minimum under 1 lb., $10.50 minimum over 1 lb.-$12.00 maximum) of the total order to cover postage and packaging. Orders including pillows, stands or s&h over the $12.00 will be shipped at cost. New York State residents must add sales tax applicable to your locality (generally 7% - 8 1/2%).
Shipments outside the USA are sent by USPS at cost. Please submit your order and I will quote your shipping options by USPS Express, Priority or International First Class by return email.