|FLLG 2016 Lace Day
October 7th - 10th, 2016
Teachers and Lecturers Announced
See you in Wareham, MA
May 13th - 15th 2016
NELG Spring Retreat
Workshop and Supplies
Van Sciver Bobbin Lace
Supplies and Instruction for over 39 years
Continental Bobbins | English and Antique Bobbins |
| Pillows | Pattern Materials | Patterns | Tools | Kits | Pins |
Bobbin Winders | | Insert Jewelry and Boxes | Jewelry |
Designs Aids | Lamps and Magnifiers |Tatting |
Miscellaneous | Workshop and Teaching Schedule |
|Order Form |
Why not get a Van Sciver Gift Certificate for your lacemaking friends.
Naar de bron
Back To Roots
A Technical Approach to Early Binche
This high quality 183 page hard back comes with an English Translation. The book examines 22 early Binche patterns from the late 17th and early 18th centries that derive from the top collections of Santa Karolus Borromeus Church in Antwerp and the St. Gomaruskirche in Lier, plus private collections.They include a photo of the old and new constructions, technical diagrams and detailed drawings of specific techniques represented in each pattern. Students of Binche will not want to miss this book!
In stock, Ulrike's new pattern book has 23 prickings of different techniques (3 Chantilly, 3 Blondes, 3 Polychrome Blondes, 1 free lace, 2 Guipure, 2 Valenciennes, 2 Rib and Roll, 2 Mechlinr, 2 Flanders and 3 Barjac Ombrée. All fully pictured and diagram.
12 Hearts in Danish Torchon
Don't miss Kumiko's new pattern book "Christmas".
Come meet Kumiko at the 2016 Ithaca Lace Day and get her to sign her book!
Introduction To Bobbin Lacemaking
Back in stock, this is one of the best beginners books on bobbin lace ever written. Now only $34.95!
- Click on this link to print your own Calalogue -- Catalogue Update May 21, 2016.
- For our May book and DVD Update, go to the Books page for all the latest including Emilie Bruger, Die Spitzen der Wiener Werkstätte, Naar de bron, Bobbin Lace Jewellry, Rosaline Perle 2, Bruges Binche, Klöppeln, Geklöppelte Schmetterlinge, Thomas Lester Lace Patterns, Blonde, Lace Secrets, Arcs and Corners, 16 Easter Eggs, and Half-Stitch in 2 volumes.
- Looking for a gift for your favorite lacemakers. Check out our Pin Gauges, Rulers and Coasters.
- New! Stainless steel pins in size 26 x .58 by Accountrements!
- Now available, Picot Pins in three sizes; #17, #20 and #24!
- Use these Insert Rulers to display your finished lace in something you can use! Easy to mount, easy to swap out and fun to use!
- Fine Brildor Metallic Thread in 6 colors. Plus our brand new "Bright Gimp" for use with #3 and #4 passing thread1
- Super Fine Pins, Super Fine Heads! Check out the details on these pins in sizes 26 x .40, 32 x .40 and 38 x .40!
- New! Fil au Chinois Egyptian Cotton in 7 sizes.
- Now stocking Lizbeth Cordonnet 40 and 80 in all 77 colors.
- The Lace Pillow Stand is back in stock and better then ever!
- Now stocking Piper's colored floss in 10 different color ways!
- Carrickmacross Scissors now in stock!
- Take a look at our new line of linen and cotton handkerchiefs, bonnets and wedding ring pillows.
- We've added new colors to our Gold Rush collection.
- Books and patterns by Martine Bruggeman.
- Wear these beautiful new silver pendants or put them on a bobbin!
- Check out our new #3 and #4 Gold Passing Threads.
- Back in stock by popular demand, Eeva-Liisa Kortelaht's books and patterns.
- We are now stocking Egyptian Cotton and Silk Organzine, Gernadine and Silk Floss from Bart and Francis.
- Sized right and priced right, click on this link to see our new roller pillow.
- We invite Beginners to bobbin lacemaking to Build Your Own Kit! Beginners, we are now the exclusive distributors US & other NTSC countries of all 18 of the fabulous Springett Videos and DVD's, simply the best videos on the market and easiest way to learn bobbin lace on your own.
- Need catalogues for your next Lace Day or Meeting? Give me a call with the quantity and I'll ship them to you at no charge!
- Confused about pins? Read the short article on "How to Select a Pin" on the Pins page!
- Confused about thread colors? Shade cards are coming to life. View what's available so far on the Threads page by following the links. Please send us your feedback. We are responding as fast as possible to suggestions so please call (607-277-0498) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) your comments! Since search engines are not always reliable, please pass on our URL to other lacemakers who might be helped by our pages....thanks!
I invite you to peruse these pages containing my broad inventory of quality bobbin lacemaking supplies by clicking on one of the areas above. With the help of the computer, I am able to update my catalogue frequently giving you the most accurate reflection of available items and their prices. However, due to fluctuations in foreign currency, prices may change without notice. If you have any questions about the items listed on these pages, please feel free to call me at (607) 277-0498. Note that my stock is expanding and changing daily, so if you don't see something you want please call or e-mail me at email@example.com. I am also available for vending at Lace Days so call or e-mail me about any event your group is planning.
If you are looking for an experienced teacher please keep me in mind! Note that I have vast experience teaching throughout North America and can give you numerous references. I teach courses at all levels in Torchon, Bedfordshire, Honiton, Bucks Point, Russian and more! I am happy to tailor workshops to suit your group's needs. Click this link to see a schedule of my 2015 Workshops & Lace Days.
Over the years, I have found that the best way to select supplies involves careful consideration of the lacemaker's needs and interests, so give me the opportunity to use my 35 years of lacemaking & teaching experience combined with my knowledge of world-wide lacemaking resources to help you with your choices. When placing an order I recommend telephoning me at (607) 277-0498. However, if you are sure of your choices, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order. I will confirm your order by email including a total for your order. Payment can be made by check or money order made payable to Van Sciver Bobbin Lace. Orders are shipped the same day they are received. When ordering by email, I recommend that you print out the order form, complete it in full and then prepare an email including all pertinent information. If you order by email, be sure to check your email in the event that I have questions and to confirm your order. Additionally, an informative and illustrated printed catalogue is available by emailing me your address or calling me at:Holly Van Sciver
email@example.com Phone: (607) 277-0498
Most shipments within the USA are sent using two day priority mail service. Orders for supplies will be filled immediately and will include a free catalogue update. Please include an additional 8% ($7.50 minimum under 1 lb., $10.50 minimum over 1 lb.-$12.00 maximum) of the total order to cover postage and packaging. Orders including pillows, stands or s&h over the $12.00 will be shipped at cost. New York State residents must add sales tax applicable to your locality (generally 7% - 8 1/2%). Returns require preapproval.
Shipments outside the USA are sent by USPS at cost. Please submit your order and I will quote your shipping options by USPS Express, Priority or International First Class by return email.