NELG Annual Retreat and Workshops
Purveyor of the Finest Quality Lacemaking
Supplies and Instruction for over 39 years
Continental Bobbins | English and Antique Bobbins |
| Pillows | Pattern Materials | Patterns | Tools | Kits | Pins |
Bobbin Winders | | Insert Jewelry and Boxes | Jewelry |
Designs Aids | Lamps and Magnifiers |Tatting |
Miscellaneous | Workshop and Teaching Schedule |
|Order Form |
Click on this link to print your own Catalogue
Catalogue Update January 30, 2020
|La dentelle de Craponne
In the early 19th century lace designer, Theodore Falcon, built a factory in the region of Craponne-sur-Arzon and a new lace is born characterized by floral patterns decorated with a gimp. This books tells the history of Craponne lace, followed by 12 patterns, with detailed explanations ranging from simple to complex. In Stock.
Color in Bedfordshire Lace
In Stock this new DVD has 6 patterns showing how to use color in Bedfordshire Lace. Running time 2 hours and 55 minutes.
|A Practical Guide to Needle Lace
In English, this 128 page book with 150 color photos and diagrams has step by step instructions for core needlelace techniques with 40 different patterns. Absolutely wonderful to the lacemaker who wants to learn needlelace.
Tallies and Pin Chains
|Pochettes en Cluny Polychrome de Brioude
Due in March this book is is inspried by the laces designed in the 19th and 20th centuries. In French and English it includes 10 patterns using the techniques of Cluny Polychrome de Brioude.
#7 Gold Tambour Thread
#7 Silver Tambour Thread
|Halfstitch in Idrija Narrow Tape Lace
The Idrija Lace School
Coming Soon, this all new from the Idrija Lace School this books teaches how to work patterns using a combination of half-stitch and narrow tape lace. Includes over 40 patterns in many different combinations.
Having More Fun with 's Gravenmoer
Finally a book on the technique of 's Gravenmoer Lace in English. Techniques covered include Diagonal Half Stitch, block in cloth stitch plus variations, half stitch trails, gimp rules, ground stitch, honeycomb and much, much more. There are 8 patterns with diagrams.
- For our January book and DVD Update, go to the Books page for all the latest including Having More Fun with 's Gravenmoer, Tallies and Pin Chain, DVD Color in Bedfordshire, Tallies and Pin Chains, La Guipure du Puy, Small Motifs in Idrija Technique, Fiandra a tre paia, Variations in Torchon, The Small Friendly Spider Book, Little Snowflake with the White Skirt, Mechlin, Christian Traugott GrimmLace in Flanders, History and Contemporary Art, Christian Traugott Grimm, Klöppelcurriculum 1823,Bobbin Lace Patterns Christmas and Winter,
- Looking for a gift for your favorite lacemakers. Check out our Pin Gauges, Rulers and Coasters.
- New! Stainless steel pins in size 26 x .58 by Accountrements!
- Now available, Picot Pins in three sizes; #17, #20 and #24!
- Use these Insert Rulers to display your finished lace in something you can use! Easy to mount, easy to swap out and fun to use!
- Fine Brildor Metallic Thread in 6 colors. Plus our brand new "Bright Gimp" for use with #3 and #4 passing thread1
- Super Fine Pins, Super Fine Heads! Check out the details on these pins in sizes 26 x .40, 32 x .40 and 38 x .40!
- New! Fil au Chinois Egyptian Cotton in 7 sizes.
- Check out our Lace Pillow Stand.
- Carrickmacross Scissors now in stock!
- We invite Beginners to bobbin lacemaking to Build Your Own Kit! Beginners, we are now the exclusive distributors US & other NTSC countries of all 18 of the fabulous Springett Videos and DVD's, simply the best videos on the market and easiest way to learn bobbin lace on your own.
- Need catalogues for your next Lace Day or Meeting? Give me a call with the quantity and I'll ship them to you at no charge!
- Confused about pins? Read the short article on "How to Select a Pin" on the Pins page!
- Confused about thread colors? Shade cards are coming to life. View what's available so far on the Threads page by following the links. Please send us your feedback. We are responding as fast as possible to suggestions so please call (607-277-0498) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) your comments! Since search engines are not always reliable, please pass on our URL to other lacemakers who might be helped by our pages....thanks!
I invite you to peruse these pages containing my broad inventory of quality bobbin lacemaking supplies by clicking on one of the areas above. With the help of the computer, I am able to update my catalogue frequently giving you the most accurate reflection of available items and their prices. However, due to fluctuations in foreign currency, prices may change without notice. If you have any questions about the items listed on these pages, please feel free to call me at (607) 277-0498. Note that my stock is expanding and changing daily, so if you don't see something you want please call or e-mail me at email@example.com. I am also available for vending at Lace Days so call or e-mail me about any event your group is planning.
If you are looking for an experienced teacher please keep me in mind! Note that I have vast experience teaching throughout North America and can give you numerous references. I teach courses at all levels in Torchon, Bedfordshire, Honiton, Bucks Point, Russian and more! I am happy to tailor workshops to suit your group's needs. Click this link to see a schedule of my 2019 Workshops & Lace Days.
Over the years, I have found that the best way to select supplies involves careful consideration of the lacemaker's needs and interests, so give me the opportunity to use my 44 years of lacemaking & teaching experience combined with my knowledge of world-wide lacemaking resources to help you with your choices. When placing an order I recommend telephoning me at (607) 277-0498. However, if you are sure of your choices, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order. I will confirm your order by email including a total for your order. Payment can be made by check or money order made payable to Van Sciver Bobbin Lace. Orders are shipped the same day they are received. When ordering by email, I recommend that you print out the order form, complete it in full and then prepare an email including all pertinent information. If you order by email, be sure to check your email in the event that I have questions and to confirm your order. Additionally, an informative and illustrated printed catalogue is available by emailing me your address or calling me at:Holly Van Sciver
email@example.com Phone: (607) 277-0498
Most shipments within the USA are sent using two day priority mail service. Orders for supplies will be filled immediately and will include a free catalogue update. Please include an additional 8% ($7.50 minimum under 1 lb., $10.50 minimum over 1 lb.-$12.00 maximum) of the total order to cover postage and packaging. Orders including pillows, stands or s&h over the $12.00 will be shipped at cost. New York State residents must add sales tax applicable to your locality (generally 7% - 8 1/2%). Returns require preapproval.
Shipments outside the USA are sent by USPS at cost. Please submit your order and I will quote your shipping options by USPS Express, Priority or International First Class by return email.